Welcome to year 3!
This week we have been working on:
Literacy: the children are applying to be a monster hunter. They write a letter to explain their skills.
Numeracy: The coming weeks will continue learning about place value.
Literacy: We are writing non-chronological reports about prehistorical animals.
Maths: we are solving problems involving place value.
A couple of things to mention:
- At the back of your child's link book, you will be able to find a homework timetable.
- Butser Farm is on the agenda at the 15th of October. Thank you so much for the many volunteers. If you have volunteered, your teacher will make contact with you.
- Please read with your child every day. Could you make a note in the reading record book, which need to be in at school every day;
- In year 3, we have a range of books in the class and the library is open every lunchtime. Therefore, children are expected to change their book regularly to take home.
- Please use the spelling sheet that is in the plastic wallet to practice your child's spellings. The plastic wallet needs to be in on Friday.
We hope you have a lovely week.
The Year 3 team
|Autumn Term||Spring Term||Summer Term|
Handouts and resources from our parent workshop:
|Build a Sentence||Reading Workshop|
|Grammar Guide for Parents||Reading Tips|
|Maths at Eastwick||SPaG Bingo|
|Maths Handout||Tool Kit|
|Year 3 Homework Guidelines|