Friday 15th October
The children have been working hard this week and we cannot believe that this half term is almost finished!
In Maths, we have been using number bonds and making up number stories. The children also added by using their number bonds. Next week, we will be adding by counting on and solving word problems.
In English, the children have been using their plans for a Mrs Greville fact file and have started to write up their fact files. They have been writing sentences about Mrs Greville’s clothes and jewellery using their phonics knowledge and sounds to help them with their writing. Next week the children will continue to finish writing up their fact files. They will be writing sentences on Mrs Greville’s house and fun facts.
In Reading, the children are now taking their book bands and phase levels home. Please encourage your children to read their books a minimum of two times before changing them at school. This is to support them with their fluency, confidence and comprehension. Just a gentle reminder, please encourage your child to speak to the adults in their own class when they need to change their books. It is the child’s responsibility to change their reading books and the adults will support them with this.
We are continuing with independent learning and continue to support our children to have a smooth transition into Year 1.
In Art, we completed Autumn tree painting and used our colour mixing skills to draw and paint Polesden Lacy.
In Science, we made a body out of salt dough and labelled it, using their knowledge.
In History, we wrote questions to ask ‘Mrs Greville’ in a hot seating exercise.
In PSHCE, we continued looking at the subject of how we are the same but different by learning about different family types.
Next week in RE we will be looking at what is a Tora, and The Dradle Game.
Next week in computing we will be making Internet safety posters.
If you would like to support your children with phonics to ensure that they are articulating their sounds correctly, please watch this video to support your child further:
For Maths, we have stuck in your child’s Numbots login details inside the cover of their reading record books. You can access numbots using this link below:
Please could you support your child with counting forwards and backwards to 10.
Here is the counting song to help you with this:
For Writing, please continue to practise letter and number formation at home to help support your child’s learning further. If you are going grocery shopping this week, please encourage your children to write your shopping list. Please encourage your child to use a pinch grip when holding a pencil. Thank you.
Reading- Please encourage your children to read daily. You can also log in to bug club and access books online. Please find their login details inside your child’s reading record book.
Please could your child bring the following with them to school:
- One healthy snack for them to eat during the day.
- Could all items of clothing and children’s belongings be named.
- All children need to bring in their trainers in a plastic bag, which will then be left at school. This is to enable the children to do the daily mile.
- Please can you make your child’s food choices at home with them. This will help ensure the morning time is used effectively for their learning.
- All children will have P.E. on Fridays, so they need to be wearing their P.E. kit to school. They can wear their school shoes to come to school in as their trainers will be kept at school. They don’t need to bring their uniform to change into.
- PARENT VOLUNTEERS- If you are a parent / carer / grandparent interested in supporting Eastwick Schools and forthcoming activities within the school, please register your interest via the following link on THPT recruitment page, in order to process your DBS application; - https://applicant.website/i/6C7EEF/vacancy-info/0000000327
- Flu immunisations will be taking place after half term on 2nd November. Please keep an eye out on weekly communications for the forms to be filled out and returned.
As we head into the winter months, please can children either wear or bring tracksuit bottoms with them on their PE days as we will be outside.
We look forward to seeing you all next week! We hope you have a restful and lovely weekend!
Year 1 Team
Curriculum maps will be revised half-termly in 2021-22.
Curriculum Information 2020-21
Year 1 Home Learning
To contact the Year 1 Team, please use this email address: email@example.com.
Click below go to the THPT Learning Resources page - various games and activities from across the curriculum:
https://www.sirlinkalot.org/ This spelling site is offering the opportunity for parents to download an app with a free subscription.
If you have an iPad please upload PocketPhonic Stories. This is an app that is excellent for teaching handwriting, phonics and reading. You will need to log in for your child but then they should be able to complete these on their own. There are certificates you can print off to motivate your child.