Vision and Values
At Eastwick Schools we have adapted the definition below from The Association of Head Teachers (2003) which is also supported by Warnock (2005):
“Inclusion is a process that maximises the entitlement of all pupils to a broad, relevant and stimulating curriculum, which is delivered in the environment that will have the greatest impact on their learning and children have the opportunity to thrive and achieve whilst celebrating differences. All children feel a sense of belonging and are welcomed and valued. Equity recognises that each person has different circumstances and allocates the resources and opportunities needed to reach an equal outcome. All schools, whether special or mainstream, should reflect a culture in which the environment adapts to meet the needs of its pupils and is provided with the resources to enable this to happen”.
We believe that this best reflects our school’s commitment to delivering inclusive education for all pupils and to develop each child's sense of belonging, thus inspiring a school community built that ensures equity for all, as illustrated below:
- We believe passionately in the importance of inclusion and equity for all and strive to ensure that these values are at the heart of our practice.
- We believe that a child feeling a sense of belonging is fundamental to enable all other progress and this, above all, will be prioritised at Eastwick.
- We will provide a holistic approach that emphasises the whole child and more than just their academic potential, to ensure we provide opportunities for all.
- Our starting point is to guarantee a progressive whole school approach to providing for the needs of children with SEND, ensuring this is built upon each year.
- We believe that parents and carers are critical partners in ensuring the best outcomes for our pupils and so their involvement will be embraced in key decisions, as well as planning and reviewing progress.
- Early Identification is a key priority for the school; we know that the earlier we identify SEND and provide support, the more successful our children will be.
- We are committed to providing expert support and provision for children with SEND to fulfil their individual potential, ensuring we prepare children for the next stage in their education.
- All staff have the knowledge and skills to support all children, including those with SEND, throughout our school.