Welcome to Year 4!
We have had another busy week in year 4!
- In English we used The Twits to develop techniques used by authors to create characters.
- In Maths we continued to develop our understanding of place value.
- In Science, we conducted investigations to help us to understand the characteristics of solids, liquids and gases.
- In Topic we used geographical vocabulary to compare Mexico and England.
- In Art we created prints using our Mayan pattern designs.
- In English we will be writing persuasive letters to The Twits about keeping monkeys in captivity!
- In Maths we will continue to develop our understanding of place value, including negative numbers.
- In Science, we will conduct an investigation to help us to understand that gas has weight.
- In Topic, we will be researching the Mayans.
- In Art, we will be continuing to create prints using our Mayan pattern designs.
Please can children bring in their Reading Records every day. (Well done and thanks to those that are!) We are encouraging them to keep them in their bags when not being used at home so they don't forget. This applies to Link Books too.
It would be really helpful if children could pre-select their lunch choice at home, even if they have packed lunches, in order to save valuable learning time in the mornings. You can pre-select in advance for at least the whole week. Many thanks!
PE is on Tuesday and Wednesday, so all children are required to have their kit in school on those days. We would suggest that ear-rings are not worn on PE days so they don't have to be removed in class prior to the lesson.
Thank you for your continued support!
Have a great weekend.
The Year 4 team
Miss Hutchinson (Polar Bears), Mr Belton (Seals), Mr Barnard (Penguins)
|Autumn Term||Spring Term||Summer Term|