Friday 1st October
A polite reminder to anyone that hasn’t yet paid for the workshop we had this week to do so asap. Thanks.
We hope you are all well.
In English this week the children have been reading and writing instructions of how to make an apple pie. Next week we will be starting our new text At The Same Moment Around The World by Clotilde Perrin.
In Maths, the children have been learning about subtraction, including renaming tens.. Next week we will learn adding 3 one digit numbers and being statistics.
In Art, we created Maori headbands. Next week we will be looking at the Japanese artist Takashi Murakami.
In Science we looked at humans and their offspring. Next week we will be learning about the basic needs of animals for survival.
Phonics- If you would like to support your child further in their phonics knowledge the link will take you to a video showing the pure pronunciation of phonemes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqhXUW_v-1s
Please continue to practice sounding out and blending words at home.
Maths work at home -
Please can we ask that you practise counting forwards and backwards in 2s, 5s, 3s and 10s as well as partitioning numbers to 100 in different ways using their tens and ones.
Spellings- Please work with your child and help them to learn the year 2 common exception words and practice spellings at home.
Please continue to read with your child as much as possible, please ensure your child’s yellow reading record book is brought into school each day in their home learning folder. Please make use of our online resource bug club, if you need your child’s log in details please contact/ ask your child’s teacher.
- Dance/PE days: GREEN class – Wednesdays & Mondays. VIOLET & TURQOUISE Class – Mondays & Fridays. Children are welcome to bring in an old pair of trainers to leave in school incase of wet weather and for the daily mile.
- Please can all children remove earring before dance, PE and Swimming days.
- Please could all water bottles and snack pots brought into school be clearly named.
- A reminder that we would be grateful if the children could select their lunch choices at home as this can take a considerable amount of time in the mornings which subsequently has an impact on our morning lessons.
- Please note: PE will take place in all weather so please make sure your children are dressed appropriately e.g. trainers / hats /coats/ scarfs etc…
- As the weather is turning please ensure your child brings a coat to school.
- SWIMMING: GREEN class swimming will begin next week, they will swim on MONDAY & THURSDAY afternoons. Please send your child into school on those days with a swimming kit.
If you have any queries or questions for your child’s class teacher, please send an email to:
Thank you for your continued support,
The Year 2 Team
|Spring 1 Term 2020-21||Summer 1 Term 2020-21|
Curriculum Information 2020-21
Year 2 Home Learning
Phonics Songs: Here are some songs you can listen to help you with your phonics, learning about connectives and suffix.
THPT Learning Resources - Various games and activities:
Empowering Little Minds - offers lots of lovely ideas to do with your children. Open up the link and select an activity.
Free online tours of museums: