Friday 23rd September 2022
It has been another busy week! Many thanks to the parents who were able to attend the Curriculum Evening on Tuesday. For those who were unable to attend, please keep an eye out on the school website for the information slides.
In English, the children have invented their story, describing what different animals are doing ‘At the same moment around world.’ Next week, we will be introducing our new text, ‘How to Make an Apple Pie and See the World’ by Marjorie Priceman.
In Maths, we have been adding and learning the column method. Next week we will be continuing addition, looking at how to rename 10 ones for one 10.
In PSHE we have continued with focus on friendship and will be looking at how to resolve arguments next week.
In Art, we are looking at the work of artists from different countries of the world. This week, we learnt about Jackson Pollock and created a piece of art work using his style. Next week we will be looking at the work by Paul Klee.
In PE, the children have been developing more ball skills, this week aiming at a target.
Phonics- If you would like to support your child further in their phonics knowledge the link will take you to a video showing the pure pronunciation of phonemes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqhXUW_v-1s
Please note that children will be sent additional phonics work to practice at home so please do support your child/children with this.
Maths work at home -
Please can we ask that you practise reading, writing and representing numbers from 0- 100 with your child. Counting forwards and backwards in 2s, 5s and 10s is also a great support to your child.
Spellings- Spellings will be given out every week, please work with your child and practise their spellings. Your child’s home spelling book is to practise spellings at home, they need to bring it in every Monday to get new spellings put in. Thank you
Please continue to read with and to your child as much as possible. Reading books have been given out and can change theor books daily. Please ensure that an adult signs the reading record each day and ensure your child’s yellow reading record book is brought into school each day.
- Our Workshop is quickly approaching! Please look out for the letter and ensure contributions are paid promptly to allow the enriching event to go ahead. Many thanks!
- Coughs and colds are arriving in class. A class of runny noses can consume an enormous number of tissues. We’d be ever so grateful for any donations of tissues to help us through the season. Please hand to any member of Y2 staff. Big thanks
- Please can you ensure your child has a coat in school every day.
- Turquoise and Violet class will have dance on Monday and PE on a Wednesday, the children can come into school in their PE kits on these days.
- A reminder that we would be grateful if the children could select their lunch choices at home as this can take a considerable amount of time in the mornings which subsequently has an impact on our morning lessons.
- A reminder that children can bring in a healthy snack.
If you have any queries or questions for your child’s class teacher, please send an email to:
Thank you for your continued support,
The Year 2 Team
To contact the Year 2 Team, please use this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Spring 1 2021-22||Summer 1 2021-22|
|Spring 2 2021-22||Summer 2 2021-22|
Curriculum Information 2021-22
Year 2 Home Learning
Phonics Songs: Here are some songs you can listen to help you with your phonics, learning about connectives and suffix.
THPT Learning Resources - Various games and activities:
Empowering Little Minds - offers lots of lovely ideas to do with your children. Open up the link and select an activity.
Free online tours of museums: