Welcome to Year 6!
Just a couple of things to mention for next week:
- The children had their first session of Relationships and Sex Education this week. This week it was on changes in boys, rather than changes in girls due to a confusion between the school nurses. The boys were sent home with a leaflet from the nurse, discussing some of the changes they might experience as well as who they can talk to if they have any questions. Next Thursday the children will have their second session, which will be on changes in girls.
- Next Tuesday 20th March the Year 6 children will be having their height and weight screening. This will take place during the morning. Please can we ask that you discuss this with your children so that they are prepared on the day as this can be a sensitive topic to discuss so we will not be mentioning it in class.
- Next Friday 23rd March is the rescheduled World Book Day and Parents Day, where the children can come in dressed up as their favourite book character. The sign up sheets are in the office if you wish to attend one of the slots.
- Just a gentle reminder that today is the last day to pay for the CGP revision guides, which will hopefully be sent out before Easter.
- Linked to this weeks homework, please find attached a SPaG glossary which you may find helpful when supporting the children with their homework.
Many thanks and we hope you have a lovely weekend.
The Year 6 team.
Please click to view:
|Autumn Term||Spring Term||Summer Term|